Join us to Seek Justice for Mir Murtaza Bhutto

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Out of Station- Candid Photographs


Fatima Bhutto, Author

‘Cuba was memorable since two friends came with me’

This photograph is from a trip to Cuba in 2008. I was there to write about health-care and life after the Revolution but it was a memorable vacation because I spent time with two great friends who went with me. The photograph was taken in Santa Clara where Che Guevara secured victory, ending the dictator Fulgencio Batista’s regime.

How many times do you travel in a year: This year I've been to New York, Delhi, Bengaluru, Mumbai, London — all for work. Most expensive holiday: The Ubud Literary Festival in Bali was luxurious. Cheapest holiday: Driving with friends across Sindh in 2007. We stopped at Thatta, Hyderabad and Hala along the way. It was a ridiculous amount of fun. The holiday you hated: I’m not going back to Istanbul any time soon.

Source :

http://www.tehelka.com/story_main45.asp?filename=Ne290510my_favourite.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment